Tuesday, November 3, 2015

TUESDAY!

I haven't written for a few days!

I'll just say that the weekend was BAD, but not terrible AFA eating goes........Oh and yesterday too!

But I did NOT weigh myself and I did ok with not beating myself up. Water/fluid was just OK, nothing to brag about. Exercise NONE. Priorities......Good! I have been doing good in that area! I have had my Bible readings, I have been nice, I've spent plenty of time with the family etc.

BUT............After thinking over it to death, I decided that I am cutting out ALL junk food until JAN 1. What I mean by that is no Twinkies/frozen pizzas/processed foods etc. And I DO have some exceptions that I will list later. I am also still doing THM, but with more natural sweeteners added. Scott hates stevia and any other of the THM sweeteners. We have SO much junk food for him and the children, that it makes it really hard for me. PLUS, I need to think about EVERYONES health, not just mine. (Not that I ever thought about just mine, but this just needs to be made as simple as possible for me.)

Scott loves healthy foods/sweets made with sweeteners like honey/ maple syrup/coconut sugar. I want to concentrate on making more of those. Cut out the processed sugars and white flours etc. and STORE BOUGHT JUNK!  In the end, I might be eating dessert now and then with small amount of sweeteners in it, but I would be having WAY less JUNK JUNK food. Definitely a good exchange if you ask me.  SCOTT is not doing  this 100% with me, but he IS on board for eating healthier. So I am excited!

I will still be following THM, but just with the addition of the sweeteners listed above.

The other thing is that we are getting a membership to a local gym. Scott and the boys can play basketball while I workout! It will be a fun change of scenery and the whole family is excited!

Exceptions!

This does not count chocolate. I am not giving up my dark chocolate, even though it is sweetened with sugar. I want to try to keep it to above 70% though, and eat it sparingly.

I am going to OK small amounts of sugar if I am out and about. For instance,my local co-op is a fantastic place to eat while out. They have local and organic food.........ALWAYS tons of healthy choices, but sometimes it will have small amounts of sugar, and that's ok. It's NOT McDonalds.

If Scott and I want to go out for dessert for date night, I am going to allow a resturaunt that is like my co-op. They have local /organic WONDERFULLY healthy food. We can go there now and then, instead of going to another of our favorite restaurants and getting the junk sugar pie.......We are NOT going to stop going out for the next 2 months, but this will be a great choice when we do! And we do not go that often anyway.

If we go to someone's house to eat, we eat what they have, PERIOD.

We will be having a few holiday treats too. But I am going to have fun making healthy holiday treats! It does not all need to be trash for the next 2 months!

And I am not positive how we will do date nights.

This is a bunch of rambling........I am not even going to try and organize it.

Bye for now! More tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun trying to work out a plan? I sure do love it when my husband wants to work with me on things. It's smart to be thinking ahead on how to work through the holidays. I've got to get going on that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking along the same lines about sweeteners and how I'd like to get my family eating less white sugar and using more honey, maple syrup etc... :) I want them to be healthy too and I'm not totally convince on using just stevia etc... :)

    They gym sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete